Groves is highly experienced in substation maintenance and green fielded construction. We also specialize in the construction of mobile substations. Our substation crew is well-trained and has years of experience on the job. Whether you represent a utility, a factory, a mining company, or a plant, we are ready to make your vision a reality.
- Complete construction of new greenfield substation and upgrades and maintenance of existing substations
- Site work
- Below grade: grounding, raceway, drainage, etc.
- Oil containment systems: prefab, concrete, fabric, oil-water separator
- Duct bank installation
- Precast below grade trench system installation
- Control wire installation & termination
- Relay panel installation
- Electrical equipment installation such as Disconnects, Motor Operated Disconnects, Circuit Breakers, Transformers, Low and Medium Voltage Cables, and Instrument Transformers
- Steel structures
- String and solid bus installation (welded and mechanical connections)
- Medium voltage switchgear installation
- DC power and generator systems
- Mobile substation construction
- Capacitor Banks
- Circuit Breakers
- and more!
Mike joined the Groves team in 2016 and serves as the Substation Maintenance and Construction Division leader. Mike has over 25 years’ experience in the Substation field. He enjoys spending time at the lake with his family when he is not at work. His favorite thing about Groves is how it’s a tight-knit, family-oriented culture where everyone matters.